Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Summer Guest: Round 5 (the finale)

As you know, I've now hosted quite a few people, the last of whom has now departed. For the last eight weeks, it's been all entertaining all the time....and I didn't call in sick to work ONCE.

I believe I've earned myself something fancy. Perhaps it's time to treat myself to some colored wax and a personalized metal stamp. I've always wanted to mail in my cell phone bill with a wax seal along with a check signed in calligraphy. Maybe I'll even trim the bill in lace.

Anyway, what I'd like to share about my most recent visitor are the following quotes:

Friend: (in response to me bringing up a girl we both know) Oh her? Can't stand 'er. She's the type of person who would answer her front door and exclaim "enchante!" (A perfect description.)

Me: So what did you do after we parted ways last night?
Friend: I really should not be left alone in a hotel room. I woke up on the floor this morning with flashes of Maid in Manhattan dancing through my head. Let's leave it at that.

No comments: